You often hear about the website, or more broadly website designHowever, in order to understand and grasp the website, it is necessary to master the basic website terms.
1. Domain (domain name)
The first and quite important part when building a website is the domain name. So what is a domain name? Website must have a domain name, the domain name is the website address. Domain names often have many forms such as: www.unikey.com, www.def.net,www.adsmo.vn, jaybranding.com
Other minor domain-related concepts include:
- URL: URL stands for "Universal Resource Locator" which means the path or address used to refer to resources on the internet. Every resource hosted on the internet has its own address, which is called a “URL path”.
- IP: IP stands for Internet Protocol which means the protocol address of the internet, it is similar to your home address. Hardware devices in the network that want to connect and communicate with each other must have an IP address.
- DNS: stands for the term "Domain Name System" which means the domain name solution system. DNS was born in 1984 for the Internet, only a system that allows setting correspondence between IP addresses and domain names.
2. Website Hosting (Web Hosting)
Web hosting is a place to store all the information, documents and images of the website on an internet server. This is also the place where all transactions and information exchange between businesses and customers take place. Simply put, Web hosting is like your corporate office in real life. When you rent a web hosting, it's like renting an office on the internet.
Notes when using web hosting:
– The server running the Web service must have a large enough configuration and high-speed transmission line to ensure smooth processing, enough service for a large number of visitors and no data congestion.
– Support for programming languages as well as databases or pre-written tools to serve website name transaction activities such as sending email, uploading via website, managing products, news…
– The server needs to be cared for, maintained and updated regularly to avoid technical and security risks.
– Web Hosting as mentioned above is basically like renting an office on the internet, so your storage capacity is the same as the office area. It is necessary to have a large enough capacity (in GB) to fully store the information, data and images of the Website.
Bandwidth is also an issue to keep in mind. The bandwidth needs to be large enough to serve the transaction and information exchange activities of the website.
3. What is FTP?
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, which is a protocol for transferring files over the Internet. The working condition of FTP requires two computers: a server and a client.
The FTP server used to provide FTP services multiplies requests for services from other computers on the network.
FTP client for service users, initiates a link with the server.
4. Other common basic terms in web programming
- PHP: stands for Personal Home Page which is an open source scripting language commonly used to create web applications that run on servers. With strong advantages, easy to write, easy to use, easy to develop. Along with the MySQL database, PHP has become a popular web programming language these days.
- ASP: or fully known as Active Server Pages – a Microsoft solution for producing dynamic content for web pages. ASP runs on a Windows server, usually using an Access database. Targeted at office application objects.
- ASP.NET: is the great "successor" product of ASP. ASP.NET is an open source, server-side web application framework, designed for development that allows programmers to build websites, applications, and mobile services. The reason to call ASP.NET a great successor is because ASP.NET supports code written in compiled languages like Visual Basic, C++, C#, and Perl. Supported editing on Windows, Linux, macOS and Docker operating systems.
- Laravel: Is one PHP framework Free and open source, developed with the aim of supporting the development of web applications based on the MVC (Model - View - Controller) model.
- Python: is a high-level programming language for general-purpose programming. Python has the advantage of being easy to read, learn, and remember. Python is a well-structured language, convenient for beginners to learn programming. Python was developed to run on Unix, MS-DOS, Mac OS, OS/2, Windows, Linux platforms.
To understand more about websites and basic website design will be a lot simpler if you master the terminology for this field.
SERVICES ADSMO PROVIDES