Royal-Free Music is a musical resource that you can use in your creative projects without having to pay any royalty fees after use. In this article, we'll learn about copyright-free background music, the benefits of using it, and how to find and apply copyright-free background music to your work.
I. What is non-copyrighted background music?
Non-copyrighted background music is music that the creator has shared publicly and allows others to use in creative projects without asking for payment for the right to use. This means you can use this background music in your videos, movies, games, advertisements or any other artwork you create without having to worry about piracy.
II. Benefits of using non-copyrighted background music
- Cost savings: You don't need to buy copyright for each song to use as background music for your work. Non-copyrighted background music is often provided for free or for a lower fee than copyrighted music.
- Ease of use: Copyright-free background music often comes with simple usage licenses, allowing you to use it conveniently and flexibly in your projects.
- Avoid the risk of piracy: Using non-copyrighted background music helps you avoid the risk of music piracy. You can safely use and share your work without worrying about being sued or required to pay royalties.
III. How to find and apply non-copyrighted background music
- Through non-copyrighted background music websites and services: There are many websites and services that provide non-copyrighted background music. You can search and download the right songs for your project from these sources. Some popular sites include YouTube Audio Library, SoundCloud, Artlist, and Epidemic Sound.
- Use a search engine: Search engines for non-copyrighted background music like “Royalty-Free Music” or “Copyright-Free Music” can also help you find the right music sources.
- Pay attention to the license: When finding and downloading non-copyrighted background music, read and understand the terms and conditions of the license. This ensures that you comply with the rules and usage limits set forth by the creator of the music.
- Organize and edit music: Once you download the soundtrack, you can arrange and edit the music to fit your work. Use audio editing software like Audacity or Adobe Audition to trim, change the volume, or add sound effects.
IV. Websites to download copyrighted music today
- YouTube Audio Library: YouTube's audio library offers a diverse collection of royalty-free songs and sounds that you can use in your videos for free.
- Artlist: Artlist is a paid service that provides royalty-free background music for creative projects. For a monthly fee, you get access to a diverse and high-quality music library.
- Epidemic Sound: Epidemic Sound offers an extensive collection of royalty-free music for videos, games, podcasts, and many other types of creative projects. The service has a monthly subscription model.
- SoundCloud: SoundCloud is not only a music streaming platform, but also provides a piece of copyright-free background music. You can search and download free background music from independent artists on SoundCloud.
- Free Music Archive: Free Music Archive is a free, royalty-free background music resource. This is an open music community that allows you to search and download free music to use in your projects.
- Incompetech: Incompetech is a website run by musician Kevin MacLeod that offers an extensive collection of non-copyrighted songs and sounds. You may use music from Incompetech in your projects for free, provided that the source and author's name are noted.
- Bensound: Bensound is a free, royalty-free background music resource for creative projects. This site offers diverse music genres such as ensemble, electronic, light, and more.
- Pixabay: In addition to providing free images, Pixabay also features a non-copyrighted audio portion. You can search and download free background music from Pixabay to use in your projects.
Note: Before downloading and using music from any source, be sure to read and understand the terms and conditions of use. This ensures that you comply with the rules and usage limits set forth by the music source.
Non-copyrighted background music is an important resource for creating an engaging musical atmosphere for your work without worrying about piracy. Using non-copyrighted background music saves you money, is easy to use, and avoids legal risks. By properly finding and applying copyright-free background music, you can create creative and impressive works for your audience.