Advantages of JPG (JPEG)
- Color depth from 24bit to 16 million colors.
- JPEG is the most commonly used image standard for most digital cameras today.
- Suitable for creating small image files.
- Suitable for images with more than 256 colors.
- JPEG is compatible with all web designs today.
- Best used, most effective for black and white photos, photos with complex colors, still life photos, everyday photos, portraits.
Advantages of PNG:
- The background image is not jagged.
- Standard compression
LossLess, which means that the image after being compressed still retains the same quality.
- Transparency can be set between opaque and fully transparent, giving us an opaque look.
- The PNG format can be placed on top of any image and still keep it visible.
- PNG format is good for web/blog, flat color patches, Logo design, images with transparent or semi-transparent background.
- Suitable for images as simple as text.
- Photo is in the process of being edited.
Advantages of GIF images
- GIF supports few colors, so the files are usually much smaller than JPEG.
- The image is compressed according to the Lossless standard, so there is no data loss when compressing.
- Vivid GIF with animation: GIF is simple, compatible, and automatically recognized on most web browsers. It works by creating a series of GIF frames that are then combined to create an animated image.
- GIFs are best used for: simple images like stroke-only drawings, color palettes, and simple illustrations. The animations, web images do not have too many colors, small icons.